Friday, September 4, 2009

Good News! Sing His Priase!

I just wanted to write a little something of great excitement! We have had such great news recently in the family that I thought I would share. Mark just got a Full-Time Job with Parkview Noble Hospital! We are so excited for him and mom and this new adventure God has placed before them. I think it will bring great financial relief and some peace to their hearts as we continue to wait to hear the results of mom's disability case. Mark is a little nervous about starting this new job, but I know it'll be so great for him and of course he'll do GREAT!

Two weeks ago, we learned that Josh and Christi are moving back to Fort Wayne~For GOOD! HURRAY! (Clap here) =D They had to move back asap...before Labor Day...and so Mark flew down with 2 of Josh and Christi's friends. They got down there last night and helped them get the rest of the truck packed and are driving back today! They should be getting in sometime late tonight and we are all helping them move it Sunday. They found a cute little rental house behind Mom and Marks house that they'll stay at until they find a home to buy.

So, not only are Josh and Christi moving back home...but Josh and Nikki and the kids are moving back as well! They are moving across the street from where Josh and Christi are going to live and should be here sometime in October! Man...almost all the family, SO CLOSE! It's going to be a great holiday season this year!

We are all doing good at our home too. Josh just started back up with hunting water fowl this year. He's really excited about it and is looking forward to his BIG hunting trip in Canada at the end of Sept. I have been pretty busy with work (both jobs) and getting Norah ready for her first year of pre-school. She will be attending St. Pete's Lutheran Pre-School in the 3yr old "Busy Bees". We just had parent orientation last night and next Tues, Norah will have her 'orientation' with meeting her teacher and seeing her classroom and such. She will then start her regular classes next Thurs. She is SOOO sooo excited! She told me she wants to ride the bus and play with the kids. (I think the bus thing will have to wait for a few years).

The beginning of this summer, I started an 8 week beginners running program. It's to teach ppl who have never or hardly ever run how to run 2 miles in 8 weeks. Well, I think I'm on week 16+ and have yet to accomplish the 2 mile mark yet...BUT, I did accomplish running my first mile EVER in my life a few weeks ago. I have also been able to stick with it ever since. It feels absolutely wonderful to finally accomplish something that has been SO stinkin hard for me thru out my life. Now on to the last part of that goal. I only have about 3 more weeks to accomplish the 2 mile mark because I signed up for the Fort-4-Fitness 4 mile run/walk on Sept. 26th and need to be able to at least run 2miles to be strong enough to make it thru the 4 mile. I know I can do it...right now it's been a little hard fitting in the time though. I run at the high school here in New Haven and now that school has started, the track is taken sometimes when I can find the time to run. Anyway, I went to the doctor about 2 weeks ago and she told me that since May I have lost 11lbs. I was shocked, because I feel that I havent really lost any...but it was deffinately motivating for me to keep pushing with this running thing and keep the goal of getting healthy.

Well, that pretty much sums up my good news for now. Keep checking back...1st day of school pictures and more to follow!

God's love and blessings to all!

1 comment:

We Three Smiths + 1 said...

So Happy for you all of you...God is Good!